Jump-start Your Career with Our Legal Assisting Program Online
Are you a Northeast Ohio native who is looking for a worthwhile legal assisting program online? The legal assisting associate degree offered by WVJC Online can help set you on a path to a fulfilling career as a member of a legal team.
Legal professionals regularly rely on talented and qualified assistants to see to many essential facets of their operations, such as the researching of information related to civil, criminal, tort and real estate law. Receiving legal assisting training from our online program offered in Ohio will give you the skills needed to attract employers so you can get your career underway.
The Benefits of Selecting an Online Legal Assisting Degree
Earning an associate degree has been a worthwhile path for many students over the years, and with the emergence of online schooling since the spread of the internet, the benefits of taking part in a legal assisting online program are even greater.
By pursuing an online legal assisting degree program offered in Ohio, you are able to:
- Complete your degree in just 18 months, which allows you to focus your education on what is essential and avoid unnecessary classes
- Plan your education to fit the particulars of your life and daily schedule, taking into account work and family obligations and completing school work on a timetable that benefits you
- Obtain 24/7 technical support from a team ready to help you with most technical issues that may arise
- Avoid the headaches which go along with commuting to a college campus, including finding and paying for parking, suffering through traffic and poor weather conditions, and enduring travel time
- Begin your career sooner and start enjoying all the benefits your education can provide
- Prepare for the Paralegal CORE Competency Exam (PCCE)™
What You’ll Learn in Our Legal Assisting Online Program Offered in Ohio
Students who enter WVJC Online’s legal assisting degree program will hone a number of skills that will boost their future marketability.
Some of the fundamental skills our students develop include:
- Understanding and interpreting facets of the legal system
- Conducting basic title examinations
- Utilizing fundamental procedures for investigation
- Drafting legal correspondence
- Drafting documentation for litigation purposes
- Preparing a range of documents, such as contracts, wills, and deeds
- Navigating both the federal and state court systems
- Interviewing clients and witnesses
- Filing legal documents with the court
- Utilizing LexisNexis for researching legal necessities
By developing these needed and valued skills and learning the essentials of the legal field, our legal assisting training graduates can qualify for jobs such as:
- Working for local, state and federal government agencies
- Working for a judge or prosecuting attorney
- Working in a financial institution
- Working for an insurance company
- Working within a hospital’s legal division
- Working with a trial attorney
- Working with an attorney in his or her general practice
- Working with an attorney specializing in real estate
As you can see, career possibilities exist within the legal field, so if you’re looking to pursue a career as a member of a legal team in Ohio, get started on our legal assisting online program today.
Contact WVJC Online Today
Don’t delay – reach out to WVJC Online today because our legal assisting associate degree program can help you hone the skills employers are seeking!