IT Training Program
WVJC’s Information Technology program offers fundamental training in Information Technology (IT), focusing on preparing students for entry-level positions in this exciting and constantly-evolving field. With a campus in Charleston, WV, our program offers the opportunity to learn in a supportive, hands-on environment with experienced instructors passionate about IT.
The importance of IT training cannot be overstated in today’s world. With the increasing reliance on technology in all aspects of life, businesses and organizations of all sizes need skilled IT professionals to help them manage their technology infrastructure and make the most of the many opportunities presented by technology.
In today’s digital age, IT training is a fundamental tool that businesses must possess to stay competitive in their respective markets. A well-designed IT infrastructure can help companies to streamline their operations, increase efficiency and productivity, and improve customer satisfaction. With the rapid expansion of technology, the demand for IT professionals has increased significantly, and the field offers a wide range of career opportunities.
Whether it’s building and maintaining computer networks, managing operation systems or databases, or providing technical support to end-users, IT professionals are in high demand across a wide range of industries.
5 Step Plan For Success
West Virginia Junior College provides its students with a structured educational and training plan designed for quick entry into specific career areas. The WVJC experience begins with classroom instruction, continues with hands-on training, and culminates in career services.
Watch the video to understand how the WVJC 5-step plan is your plan to change the direction of your life.
“Lots of hands-on learning and resources to make sure you are prepared to work once graduating!”
– Ashlee Roy, WVJC Student
Skills For IT Professionals
In our program, students will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of IT skills through the information technology courses, including:
- Networking: Students will learn how to design, implement, and manage computer networks, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs). This includes learning about networking hardware and software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Operating Systems: Students will learn about various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. This includes learning how to install, configure, and manage operating systems and troubleshoot common issues.
- Security: Students will learn about the various threats to computer security, including viruses, malware, and hacking. They will also learn how to implement security measures to protect computer systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption.
- Hardware: Students will learn about computer hardware, including the various components that make up a computer system. This includes learning how to install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware components such as motherboards, CPUs, memory, hard drives, and peripheral devices.
- Databases: Students will learn about database design, implementation, and management. This includes learning about popular database management systems (DBMS) such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and SQL programming.
Now is the time to start training for your career in Information Technology in our IT training program by requesting information.
Why WVJC is Right For You
Control your future and contact WVJC to explore your career potential with our accelerated Information Technology program.
The West Virginia Junior College experience is designed to provide you with the proper training, academic and personal support, and education services to allow you to succeed. Your WVJC experience includes the following:
- WE CARE Classroom Experience
- A Convenient Location
- Academic Support
- Hands-On Technical Training
- Interactive IT Labs
- IT Externship
- Career Services
- Financial Aid (for those who qualify)
Now is the time to do something you’re passionate about and become an IT professional. Earn your associate degree in 18 months and be prepared to start a career. Request more information today!
Hands-On Information Technology Program with Externship
At WVJC, we believe the best way to learn IT is through hands-on experience. Therefore, our IT training program includes a variety of practical assignments and projects that allow students to apply the skills they’ve learned in real-world scenarios to build their confidence as they develop their skills. The instructors in your information technology classes are dedicated to providing the tools you need to achieve your goals.
Additionally, we offer the opportunity for students to complete an externship with a local business or organization, giving them even more opportunities to gain practical experience and make industry connections.
If you’re interested in a career in IT, the WVJC Information Technology program is an excellent place to start. Our comprehensive curriculum, experienced instructors, and hands-on learning opportunities will prepare you for success in this exciting and dynamic field. Contact us today to learn more!
Take the first step towards an IT career today by requesting more information!