Earn Your Clinical Medical Assistant Associate's Degree Online in Months!
Do it on your own time at a West Virginia based online college.
Clinical Medical Assistants* establish successful careers by helping other people.
West Virginia's healthcare employers such as hospitals, doctors' offices and clinics need trained medical assistants to help care for their patients.
Online College that Works!
West Virginia Junior College offers online healthcare students the following advantages:
- An associate degree in months
- West Virginia based providing local support
- 24/7 technical support
- Over 90 years of training West Virginians
- Extensive experience with West Virginia employers
- Not available in all areas
WVJC-Online: West Virginians' Choice for Online Associate Degrees in Clinical Medical Assistant. We're here for you. Call 877-25ONLINE, Request Information, or Apply Online today!
In this program you will learn how to:
- Take a patient's vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient's vision
- Collect medical specimens
- Check a patient's blood-sugar level
- Perform certain lab tests
- Draw a patient's blood
- Sterilize medical equipment to kill germs
- Assist with minor surgeries
- Give injections (shots)
- Do certain heart tests
- Prepare basic medications
- Understand medical terms
- Understand patient privacy issues
With your Associate Degree, you could be a:
- Medical Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- ECG Technician
- Unit Clerk
- Sterile Processing Assistant
- Clinical Associate
Associate degree students will also learn medical administration:
- Medical office management
- Medical insurance processing
- Electronic health records
- Medical transcription
- Computer and software usage
Externships and Certifications
At WVJC, we know your goal is to get in to your dream career fast. We've designed our Clinical Medical Assistant program to meet your career goals and the needs of West Virginia employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to employers.
As one of our Clinical Medical Assistant students you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you've learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire medical assistants.
Not only does our Clinical Medical Assistant program prepare you to be job ready, but it's also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students can choose to take include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified EKC/ECG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Clinical Medical Assistants are an important part of the medical team. You'll dress in a medical uniform, have a career you love and be able to achieve financial security. To learn more about the program, call WVJC today or Request Information.
*Our program meets the standards of the American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA). Therefore, upon graduation our medical assistants are eligible to become Clinical Medical Assistants. Applicants must complete required paperwork and remit the associated fees.
West Virginia Junior College is also enrolling students from Beckley, WV, Martinsburg, WV and surrounding areas! Learn more: