Launch Your Career with WVJC
WVJC can provide students with a wealth of benefits as part of its Clinical Medical Assistant program. These include:
- Being Career-Ready in Two Years or Less
- Convenient Locations and Online Options
- Qualified Instructors
- Academic Support
- Interactive Medical Labs
- Hands-On Technical Training
- Medical Externships
- Career Services
- WE CARE Classroom Experience
- Financial Aid (for those who qualify)
Become a medical assistant and work with doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to help examine and treat patients.
See If Medical Assisting Is Right For You
Watch this video to learn more about the important role medical assistants play as valuable members of the healthcare community. Medical assistants train in the vital patient care areas of phlebotomy, EKGs, and lab tests. They are well suited for careers in hospitals, doctor’s offices, and clinics.
“I am currently enrolled here in the Clinical Medical Assistant program and I absolutely love it! The staff are all wonderful and understanding and helpful.” – Seryna Berard, WVJC Student
Real Skills for Real Jobs
Students who receive their clinical medical assistant training from WVJC will gain the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Obtain Patient’s Vital Signs (Blood Pressure, Temperature, Pulse)
- Assist Physicians or Nurses with Physical Exams
- Perform Visual Acuity Test
- Obtain Laboratory Specimens
- Perform Capillary Punctures for Glucose Testing
- Perform CLIA Waived Testing
- Perform Phlebotomy
- Sterilize Medical Equipment to Achieve Medical Asepsis
- Assist with Minor Office Procedures and Surgeries
- Perform Injections (Shots)
- Perform EKGs
- Medication Preparation
- Conduct Medical Research and Writing
- Review Law and Medical Ethics
Start your path to becoming a medical assistant today by requesting information!
Applying Your Clinical Medical Assistant Degree
Trying to determine a career path following your medical assistant school training? Some employment possibilities include the following areas:
- Medical Assisting
- Lab Assisting
- EKG Monitoring
- Unit Clerk
- CLIA Waived Testing
- Lab Testing
Associate degree students will also learn skills in the following medical assistant training focuses:
- Medical office management
- Medical insurance processing
- Electronic health records
- Computer and software usage
Start preparing for your future today by requesting information.
Medical Externships and Certifications
At WVJC, we know your goal is to quickly start working in your dream career. We’ve designed our Clinical Medical Assistant program to meet your occupational career goals and the needs of local employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to these employers.
As one of our Medical Assisting students, you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world to your ultimate role within a medical facility. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire qualified medical assistants.
Our Clinical Medical Assistant program prepares you to be career-ready in months. It’s also designed to prepare you for certain National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification exams, which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students are qualified to take include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant*
- Certified EKG Technician**
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician**
Clinical Medical Assistants are a vital part of the medical team. Medical facilities need skilled professionals who are trained and dedicated to caring for patients. Call WVJC today or request information from our dedicated team to learn more about the program.
*Certification is contingent on passing the corresponding certification exam. Required/ Included in Tuition/Fees.
**Certification is contingent on passing the corresponding certification exam. Optional at own expense.
“If it wasn’t for the wonderful education and dedication to my education, I don’t believe my current future would have been possible.” – Alex Hines, WVJC Graduate