Launch Your Career In Months With WVJC Online
Are you a Northeast Ohio native who is looking for a worthwhile legal assisting program online? The legal assisting associate degree offered by WVJC Online can help set you on a path to a fulfilling career as a member of a legal team.
Legal professionals regularly rely on talented and qualified assistants to see to many essential facets of their operations, such as the researching of information related to civil, criminal, tort and real estate law. Receiving legal assisting training from our online program offered in Ohio will give you the skills needed to attract employers so you can get your career underway.
“My education at WVJC absolutely prepared me for my career and then some. So many growth opportunities. So grateful to my instructors who also became amazing mentors. My next stop – MBA or law school!”
– Christina Speakman, Legal Office Assisting Graduate
Online College That Works!
WVJC Online helps you balance your studies with work and family responsibilities, by offering you the opportunity to stay home and go to school. WVJC Online offers the following services:
- Small-school atmosphere
- 24/7 tech support
- Mobile access
- Interactive labs
- Career services
- Quality affordable degrees
Real Skills For Real Jobs
Students who enter WVJC Online’s legal assisting degree program will hone a number of skills that will boost their future marketability. Some of the fundamental skills our students develop include:
- Understanding and interpreting facets of the legal system
- Conducting basic title examinations
- Utilizing fundamental procedures for investigation
- Drafting legal correspondence
- Drafting documentation for litigation purposes
- Preparing a range of documents, such as contracts, wills, and deeds
- Navigating both the federal and state court systems
- Interviewing clients and witnesses
- Filing legal documents with the court
- Utilizing LexisNexis for researching legal necessities
After acquiring these valued legal skills, students of our legal office assisting program become qualified for jobs working for or with:
- Working for local, state and federal government agencies
- Working for a judge or prosecuting attorney
- Working in a financial institution
- Working for an insurance company
- Working within a hospital’s legal division
- Working with a trial attorney
- Working with an attorney in his or her general practice
- Working with an attorney specializing in real estate
As you can see, career possibilities exist within the legal field, so if you’re looking to pursue a career as a member of a legal team in Ohio, get started on our legal assisting online program today!
Externships and Certifications
At WVJC Online, we know your goal is to get into your dream career fast. We’ve designed our Legal Office Assisting program to meet your career goals and the needs of employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to employers, which is why we are dedicated to fully preparing our students as part of their legal assistant training.
As one of our online Legal Office Assisting students, you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world to your ultimate career, and the experience is invaluable and as it allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who are looking to hire legal office assistants.
Not only does our Legal Office Assisting program prepare you to be career-ready, but it’s also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications that our students are qualified to take include:
- LexisNexis® Paralegal Student Certificate of Mastery*
- Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE)™**
- Certified Paralegal/Certified Legal Assistant (CP/CLA) Exam**
The LexisNexis® Paralegal Student Certificate of Mastery for Lexis Advance® is a five part series of on-demand training modules aimed at paralegal students which highlight topics important to the profession. The Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE)™ was developed by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations’ (NFPA) to assess knowledge of entry-level paralegals. The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) prepares students for the Certified Paralegal/Certified Legal Assistant (CP/CLA) Exam.
*Required/Included in Tuition/Fees
**Optional/Included in Tuition/Fees