Earn Your Medical Office Administration Degree Online
Wanting to enter the exciting and fulfilling healthcare industry and looking for a thorough educational program to get you started? WVJC’s medical office management program offered in Kentucky is just what you’ve been searching for!
Our committed faculty and staff will guide you through core competencies of the medical administration field, giving you key insights that will help prepare you for numerous roles in a variety of healthcare settings.
Read on to discover all that our medical office online school offered in Kentucky can do for your career and future!
ONLINE COLLEGE THAT WORKS!
West Virginia Junior College offers online business students the following advantages:
- An associate degree in months
- West Virginia based providing local support
- Classes on your own time
- 24/7 technical support
- Over 90 years of training West Virginians
- Extensive experience with West Virginia employers
Why You Should Receive Medical Office Administration Training in Kentucky
WVJC has been helping students for over 90 years to acquire key skillsets desired by a variety of industries, and our medical office management online training is part of that commitment.
In our medical office administration degree program offered in Kentucky, students learn essential tasks such as:
- Handling billing
- Overseeing electronic health records
- Transcribing the notes of medical professionals
- Conducting basic coding
- Working with medical records
- Ensuring patient privacy standards
- Understanding medical terminology
- Scheduling appointments
- Utilizing computers and medical software
All of these skills are core aspects of being a medical administration professional, and the thorough training you’ll receive from WVJC Online will help ensure when it comes time for job searches employers will take note of your experience.
Career Prospects for Your Medical Office Management Degree
When you choose WVJC Online for your medical office training offered in Kentucky, you not only get the opportunity to earn an associate degree in just 18 months, but you also open up numerous employment avenues for your future.
Some of the opportunities available to those with medical office administration degrees include:
- Managing a physician’s office
- Working with insurance companies
- Working for a hospital as part of the admissions staff
- Working as a secretary for a doctor
- Working as an administrative assistant in a medical setting
As you can see, choosing to pursue a medical office management online program can be greatly beneficial to your future!
Externship and Certification Opportunities
One of the most popular features of our medical office administration program is gaining access to our externship, which is designed to give you the kinds of hands-on, real world experience that will assist you in standing out to employers.
Additionally, our program prepares students to take numerous certifications exams, helping to give you an added career boost. Some of the certifications our students are qualified to take include:
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
Be sure to reach out to our dedicated team with questions about any of these certifications or our externship opportunity.
Contact Us to Start Our Medical Office Administration Program
If you’re ready to get to work and apply yourself in the medical field, we can help! In just 18 months you could have your associate degree in Medical Office Administration.
Contact our team because we’re ready to help shape your future!