Have you always dreamed about being a nurse?
To learn more, call WVJC today at 304-842-4007 or Request Information.
West Virginia Junior College is enrolling students for its practical nursing program for the Bridgeport campus and surrounding areas!
Practical Nurses touch patients’ lives and the lives of their families. Can you see yourself helping people on a daily basis? A career as a Practical Nurse may be for you!
Our practical nursing program is a direct admittance program. This means you won’t waste time and money taking classes; only to find out later that you are not accepted into the program. You will graduate in just 12 months.
In addition to your Practical Nurse training, our program also prepares you for phlebotomy, IV therapy and EKG certifications. These professional certifications should boost employment opportunities with cardiologists, medical labs and hospitals.
Upon graduation, our students are eligible to take the licensing exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
In this program you will learn how to:
- Conduct physical assessments
- Administer medications
- Care for wounds
- Perform IV therapy
- Process medical records
- Monitor vital signs
- Collect medical specimens
- Perform routine lab tests
- Monitor medical equipment
- Perform phlebotomy and give injections
- Assist patients with daily activities
- Evaluate patient emotional and spiritual status
As a Practical Nurse, you could:
- Work for a doctor’s office
- Work at a hospital or rehabilitation center
- Work in an emergency room or clinic
- Work at a long term care of nursing home facility
- Work for a community or home-health agency
Practical Nurses are an important part of the medical team. WVJC’s program provides you the training needed to sit for the state licensing exam. To learn more about this program, call 304-842-4007 or Request Information.