Earn Your Medical Office Administration Associate's Degree Online in Months!
Do it on your own time at a West Virginia based online college.
Medical Office Administrators establish successful careers by helping manage the healthcare, insurance and business practices of medical facilities.
West Virginia's healthcare employers such as hospitals, doctors' offices, and clinics need trained medical office administrators to help manage their organizations.
Online College that Works!
West Virginia Junior College offer online healthcare students the following advantages:
- An associate degree in months
- West Virginia based providing local support
- 24/7 technical support
- Over 90 years of training West Virginians
- Extensive experience with West Virginia employers
WVJC-Online: West Virginians' Choice for Online Associate Degrees in Medical Office Administration. We're here for you. Call 877-25ONLINE, Request Information, or Apply Online today!
In this program you will learn how to:
- Perform basic coding
- Maintain electronic health records
- Handle billing
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Understand medical terms
- Work with medical records
- Transcribe (write out) a doctor's notes
- Protect patient privacy
- Use computers and medical software to perform office tasks
With your Associate Degree, you could:
- Manage a doctor's office
- Work with insurance companies
- Work at the admissions desk at a hospital
- Work as a doctor's secretary
- Work as an administrative assistant in any kind of office
Externships and Certifications
At WVJC, we know your goal is to get in to your dream career fast. We've designed our Medical Office Administration program to meet your career goals and the needs of West Virginia employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to employers.
As one of our Medical Office Administration students you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you've learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire Medical Office Administrators.
Not only does our Medical Office Administration program prepare you to be job ready, but it's also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students are qualified to take include:
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Insurance and Coding Specialist
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
Medical Office Administrators are an important part of the office team. Dress like a professional, have a successful career and achieve financial security. To learn more about the program, call WVJC today or Request Information.
West Virginia Junior College is also enrolling students from Beckley, WV, Martinsburg, WV and surrounding areas! Learn more: