Earn Your Online Legal Office Assisting Degree in Virginia, and Jump-Start Your Dream Career
Earning your Legal Office Assisting associate degree and paralegal certification is the first step to beginning a career in the Virginia legal system, whether you decide to work in civil, tort, real estate, or criminal law.
Legal office assistants help play a valuable role in law offices and departments around Virginia, and through legal assistant training you could become part of those legal teams.
With training like that found in our Legal Office Assisting online program, Virginia residents will learn a number of essential skills that will help integrate them into the legal workforce.
Benefits of Our Virginia-Based Legal Office Assisting Program Online
Going back to school full time to earn your Legal Office Assisting associate degree isn’t always simple. Between work and life, taking time out of each day to attend classes can be very challenging.
At WVJC Online, we understand that sometimes life can get in the way of your career goals, which is why we offer a 100% online Legal Office Assisting degree program to Virginia residents.
Our Legal Office Assisting online program features a number of benefits designed to support you and help you navigate the training.
Some of the benefits include:
- 24/7 online tech support
- The ability to be career ready in just 18 months
- Small online classes
- The chance to earn your degree on your own time
- Career services
- Mobile access to classes
Learn Valued Legal Skills Through Our Legal Assistant Training Offered in Virginia
At WVJC Online, our goal is to prepare our students for their future careers, wherever they may take them. That’s why our Legal Office Assisting program is online and streamlined to help you enter the workforce more quickly.
The coursework of our program is focused on teaching you skills that you’ll utilize in your future career, eliminating the practice of paying for classes you don’t need.
As part of our legal assistant training offered in Virginia, you will learn how to:
- Understand and interpret the law
- Conduct a basic title examination
- Draft litigation documents
- Prepare contracts, deeds, and wills
- File legal documents with the court
- Interview clients and witnesses
- Use basic investigation techniques
- Use Lexis Advance for online legal research
- Navigate the state and federal court system
- Analyze criminal cases and the U.S. Constitution
The skills you will learn as part of earning your online Legal Office Assisting associate degree will not only help prepare you for your future career, but will also help to prepare you for the National Federation of Paralegal Associations’ (NFPA) Paralegal CORE Competency Exam (PCCE).
Once you pass your certification exams, you will be qualified to work in a number of legal-related offices and occupations throughout Virginia, including:
- Assisting an attorney with his general practice
- Working for a prosecutor or a judge
- Assisting trial attorneys in a large law firm
- Working in the legal department of a hospital
- Working for the local, state, or federal government
- Working in a financial institution
- Working for an insurance company
- Assisting a real estate attorney
Contact Us to Get Started on Your Online Legal Office Assisting Degree
Are you interested in our legal assistant online program offered in Virginia? Contact us today to learn more!