Have you ever wondered what the best study habits are? Well, wonder no more! We are going to give you some helpful tips to make your studying sessions less painful. The best advice we can offer is to get a good’s night rest. Having a regular sleep schedule is so important and vital to your success as a student. You should always go to bed and get up at the same time every day. We understand that work schedules and family time may sometimes interfere with a sleep schedule, but it’s important to plan ahead to try to avoid that at all costs. This brings us to our next tip. Get a planner! A planner will be a lifesaver. Planners can help keep you organized. You can plan when to study, around your work schedule, school schedule, and family events.
Where you study can affect your study habits as well. You should always study in a quiet area with little distractions. Also, make it a point to tell your friends and family that you are studying. This way they know not to disturb you. We know cell phones are a big part of day to day life, but sometimes they are a distraction. We suggest turning them off while you are studying, or putting them on silent or vibrate.
See below for more study tips!
- Get a good night’s rest.
- Get a planner.
- Always study in a quiet area.
- Tell friends and family you are studying.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Use a dictionary or dictionary app.
- Make sure to have all your supplies ready (notebook, pens/pencil, textbook).
- Study in a well-lit area.
- Study for 30 minutes and then take a five minute break. Repeat as necessary.
- Only highlight 10% of your notes.
- Make a study checklist.