We know that preparing for a test can be, at times, overwhelming and a little stressful. Being prepared can really help you overcome the anxiety that often comes with taking a test. Read on as we provide a few study tips!
1. Create Pre-Tests
- Fill in blanks
- Essay/short answer
- (For in-class short answer and essay questions consider having a blank sheet of scrap paper to jot down ideas before organizing your final answers on the test.)
2. Over Prepare
- Go above and beyond what you think is necessary to prepare for a test.
- Write, re-write and write again.
- Review your notes out loud.
3. Apply a key word in the definition to the term (instead of trying to remember the entire definition)
- Make connections that make sense to you.
- For example: Introspection – the act or process of looking into oneself.
- introspection + oneself (Now on the test when you are to define or match the term introspection you will remember it has to do with oneself.)