Launch Your Career in Months with WVJC Online
Are you a Pennsylvania resident who wants to be a part of our country’s judicial system? If so, our Legal Office Assisting online program may be just what you need to launch your dream career.
In our program, you will learn a wide range of basic skills including drafting litigation documents, conducting legal research, interviewing clients and witnesses, and so much more. Everything you learn in the program is designed to help you become a member of a professional team.
So read on to discover all that’s in store for you when you choose WVJC Online!
“My education at WVJC absolutely prepared me for my career and then some. So many growth opportunities. So grateful to my instructors who also became amazing mentors. My next stop – MBA or law school!”
– Christina Speakman, Legal Office Assisting Graduate
Online College that Works!
As a legal office assistant, you can hold a variety of positions, whether it’s working for an attorney or judge, being part of the legal department of a hospital, or even applying your skills for the government.
So if you’re in Pennsylvania, in places like Waynesburg, Aliquippa, New Castle, Washington or beyond, reach out to WVJC Online, because we can get you started on your career path as a legal office assistant.
Some of the benefits our legal assisting online degree program provides include:
- Small-school atmosphere
- 24/7 tech support
- Mobile access
- Interactive labs
- Career services
- Quality affordable degrees
- Be career ready in months
Real Skills for Real Jobs
WVJC Online’s students within the legal assisting degree program thoroughly develop their skillsets, making them more marketable following graduation. Some skills that our students acquire within the program include:
- How to draft legal correspondence
- Interviewing techniques for witnesses and clients
- Procedures for legal document filing within a court
- Conducting basic title examinations
- How to draft litigation documentation
- Using basic investigation procedures
- Using the LexisNexis system for legal research
- Document preparation, including wills, deeds and contracts
- Understanding the state and federal court systems
After acquiring these valued legal skills, students of our legal office assisting program become qualified for jobs working for or with:
- Assist an attorney with his general practice
- Work for a prosecutor or a judge
- Assist trial attorneys in a large law firm
- Work in the legal department of a hospital
- Work for the state or federal government
- Work in a financial institution
- Work for an insurance company
- Assist a real estate attorney
So it’s clear – choosing WVJC Online for your legal assisting degree program can give you a range of career options and lead to the future you’ve been searching for. Whether you’re in Pittsburgh, Cranberry, New Castle, Johnstown, or any other Pennsylvania city, choose the program that will help you succeed!
Externships and Certifications
At WVJC Online, we know your goal is to get into your dream career fast. We’ve designed our Legal Office Assisting program to meet your career goals and the needs of employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to employers, which is why we are dedicated to fully preparing our students as part of their legal assistant training.
As one of our online Legal Office Assisting students, you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world to your ultimate career, and the experience is invaluable and as it allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who are looking to hire legal office assistants.
Not only does our Legal Office Assisting program prepare you to be career-ready, but it’s also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications that our students are qualified to take include:
- LexisNexis® Paralegal Student Certificate of Mastery*
- Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE)™**
- Certified Paralegal/Certified Legal Assistant (CP/CLA) Exam**
The LexisNexis® Paralegal Student Certificate of Mastery for Lexis Advance® is a five part series of on-demand training modules aimed at paralegal students which highlight topics important to the profession. The Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE)™ was developed by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations’ (NFPA) to assess knowledge of entry-level paralegals. The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) prepares students for the Certified Paralegal/Certified Legal Assistant (CP/CLA) Exam.
*Required/Included in Tuition/Fees
**Optional/Included in Tuition/Fees