Institution: West Virginia Junior College (WVJC)
Job Title: Nursing Faculty and Simulation Specialist
Location: Morgantown, WV (Home Base)
Status: Full-time – Travel Involved
Be a part of a dynamic team that is bringing nursing education to West Virginia’s most disadvantaged counties in an innovative way. This concept is like none other in the state, and those involved will be pioneers of something special.
West Virginia Junior College (WVJC) was founded in 1922 and has a rich history serving the community. In keeping with our innovative past, WVJC is launching a blended (residential/online) associate degree nursing program focused on providing access to students in four rural county clusters (RCCs) consisting of 19 total rural counties. Students take classes online while attending lab and clinical experiences in their local rural county clusters in the evenings and on weekends. (See Rural County Map on Final Page).
Even more unique is that nursing skills laboratory and clinical experiences will be enhanced with a state-of-the-art Mobile Simulation Lab (MSL). The MSL is a newly designed RV with two fully equipped patient care rooms containing adult, obstetrics, and pediatric high-fidelity simulators; a control room with two controller stations; advanced technology for recording and reviewing student practice; internal cellular internet capabilities, and exterior TV for participants outside the MSL.
WVJC is looking for faculty and staff who find innovation exciting! Applications are being accepted now for full-time and part-time positions. Be extraordinary and apply today. Let’s innovate together!
To empower change by creating opportunity.
Our Core Values (WE CARE)
- Work Ethic – We achieve success through hard work and an unwavering commitment to our purpose.
- Exemplary – We demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical standards, and professionalism.
- Caring – We support our students, communities, and each other, in ways that leave lasting impressions.
- Accountability – We maintain responsibility for our values and outcomes.
- Relationships – We build meaningful and trusted relationships as the foundation of our culture.
- Excellence – We execute goals with passion, purpose, and perseverance, striving for the highest quality results.
Job Purpose (Nursing Faculty and Simulation Specialist):
This faculty member teaches online and serves as the simulation expert for the program, traveling to the rural counties in the MSL to deliver high fidelity simulation experiences for students and faculty training. Because the MSL will also be provided as a community resource, coordination with affiliates to deliver simulation training to already active nurses and other healthcare professionals is required.
Qualifications (Nursing Faculty and Simulation Specialist):
Qualifications are congruent with the qualifications of nursing faculty as required by Title 19, Series 1-11.1 of the West Virginia Legislative Rule. The Instructor must meet the following requirements:
- Have a graduate degree with a major in nursing; or
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program within one year of employment as a faculty member; or
- 10 years of direct care patient experience in nursing for full-time faculty; or
- 2 years of direct care patient experience in nursing for part-faculty.
- Three (3) years of occupational experience
- Holds a current, active RN license or privilege to practice that is not encumbered and meets the requirements of the Board of Nursing.
- Have evidence of current experience in nursing practice and education sufficient to demonstrate professional competence, or for faculty with less than two years’ experience in education, the nursing program administrator will submit to the Board a mentoring and orientation plan as defined by Board guidelines and function under the guidance of a faculty member fully qualified in the specific teaching area and professional competence.
- Interprofessional faculty teaching non-clinical nursing courses shall have advanced preparation appropriate for the content being taught.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in simulation (high fidelity and virtual, etc.).
- Certified Health Care Simulation Educator (Preferred)
Job Duties (Nursing Faculty and Simulation Specialist):
- Evaluate student achievement in meeting clinical competencies and integration of theory related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Provide clinical instruction using high fidelity and virtual simulation.
- Implement, run, and debrief scenarios using a variety of simulation products (v Sim, Shadow Health)
- Evaluate student performance in meeting clinical objectives
- Demonstrate proficiency in using technology (i.e., Discussion Boards, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, Google Meets, and Zoom, etc.)
- Successful candidates will implement best practices in nursing education, collaborate with faculty, evaluate students’ clinical performance, maintain inventory, set up, participate in, and break down scheduled clinical learning experiences, in addition to other duties.
- Training other faculty members, staff on the use and maintenance of the MSL.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to [email protected].