Position: Dean of Nursing
Location: Morgantown, WV
West Virginia Junior College (WVJC) Nursing program is seeking a Dean of Nursing for its nursing programs. The Nursing program has been in existence since 2013 and currently maintains an enrollment of approximately 100+ associate degree nursing students. The current student body is made up of non-traditional students that attend residentially. Classes are in the evening with clinicals occurring on the weekends. WVJC is institutionally accredited by ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools) and the residential nursing program is Board approved through the WV Board of Nursing. The residential program is currently a candidate for programmatic nursing accreditation through ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing). The Nursing program was recently approved by the WV Board of Nursing for an exciting and innovative program delivery that is expected to start in the fall of 2021. This innovative program will deliver an associate degree nursing program online to students in rural counties of West Virginia. Lab training will occur through local partnerships and a state-of-the-art Mobile Simulation Lab (MSL). Students will attend clinical experiences in their local rural communities. This exciting program is the first of its kind in the state of West Virginia. Looking forward, WVJC plans to continue to expand its nursing offerings both vertically and horizontally. This position would be a great fit for an experienced nursing educator who wants to grow professionally and lead a Nursing program that is pioneering new and innovative ways of training professional nurses!
- Holds a graduate degree with a major in nursing.
- Doctorally Prepared
- Has three (3) years of experience in the nursing field.
- Holds a current, active RN license or privilege to practice that is not encumbered and meets the requirement of the Board of Nursing.
- Has educational preparation or experience in teaching and knowledge of learning principles for adult education, including nursing curriculum development, administration, and evaluation; and
- Has current knowledge of registered nursing practice.
Interested candidates should email resumes to email@example.com.