Institution: West Virginia Junior College (WVJC)
Job Title: Adjunct Nursing Lab and Clinical Faculty
Location: Remote Region 1 (Barbour, Lewis, Taylor, Tucker, Randolph, Upsher). Must reside within driving distance of Remote Region 1.
Be a part of a dynamic team that is bringing nursing education to West Virginia’s most disadvantaged counties in an innovative way. This concept is like none other in the state, and those involved will be pioneers of something special.
West Virginia Junior College (WVJC) was founded in 1922 and has a rich history serving the community. In keeping with our innovative past, WVJC is launching a blended (residential/online) associate degree nursing program focused on providing access to students in four rural county regions consisting of 19 total rural counties. Students take classes online while attending lab and clinical experiences in their local rural county regions in the evenings and on weekends.
Even more unique is that nursing skills laboratory and clinical experiences will be enhanced with a state-of-the-art Mobile Simulation Lab (MSL). The MSL is a newly designed RV with two fully equipped patient care rooms containing adult, obstetrics, and pediatric high-fidelity simulators; a control room with two controller stations; advanced technology for recording and reviewing student practice; internal cellular internet capabilities, and exterior TV for participants outside the MSL.
WVJC is looking for faculty and staff who find innovation exciting! Applications are being accepted now for full-time and part-time positions. Be extraordinary and apply today. Let’s innovate together!
To empower change by creating opportunity.
Our Core Values (WE CARE)
- Work Ethic – We achieve success through hard work and an unwavering commitment to our purpose.
- Exemplary – We demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical standards, and professionalism.
- Caring – We support our students, communities, and each other, in ways that leave lasting impressions.
- Accountability – We maintain responsibility for our values and outcomes.
- Relationships – We build meaningful and trusted relationships as the foundation of our culture.
- Excellence – We execute goals with passion, purpose, and perseverance, striving for the highest quality results.
Job Purpose (Adjunct Nursing Lab and Clinical Faculty):
This faculty member teaches lab and/or clinical locally to students that live in Remote Region 1 (RR1). RR1 consists of (Barbour, Lewis, Taylor, Tucker, Randolph, Upsher).
Qualifications (Adjunct Nursing Lab and Clinical Faculty):
Qualifications are congruent with the qualifications of nursing faculty as required by Title 19, Series 1-11.1 of the West Virginia Legislative Rule. The Instructor must meet the following requirements:
- Have a graduate degree with a major in nursing; or
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program within one year of employment as a faculty member; or
- 10 years of direct care patient experience in nursing for full-time faculty; or
- 2 years of direct care patient experience in nursing for part-faculty.
- Three (3) years of occupational experience
- Holds a current, active RN license or privilege to practice that is not encumbered and meets the requirements of the Board of Nursing.
- Have evidence of current experience in nursing practice and education sufficient to demonstrate professional competence, or for faculty with less than two years’ experience in education, the nursing program administrator will submit to the Board a mentoring and orientation plan as defined by Board guidelines and function under the guidance of a faculty member fully qualified in the specific teaching area and professional competence.
- Interprofessional faculty teaching non-clinical nursing courses shall have advanced preparation appropriate for the content being taught.
Job Duties (Adjunct Nursing Lab and Clinical Faculty):
For each course in which the Instructor is assigned, she/he will:
- Provides clinical instruction and demonstration of nursing skills and procedures to students.
- Attends and participates in new nursing student orientations for clinical sites.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with clinical agency management and staff.
- Works closely with the clinical coordinator.
- Utilizes instructional methods that promote student development of critical thinking, sound decision making, and clinical competency.
- Design and implement teaching strategies that will assist a nursing student to meet the course outcomes.
- Completes all clinical documentation accurately and thoroughly and submits to the clinical coordinator.
- Refers all students to the laboratory coordinator for remedial activities as needed.
- Completes a clinical debriefing linking course outcomes to clinical practice during post-conference activities.
- Ensures students have access to student assignments to have adequate time to pre-plan for clinical experience.
- Plans, reviews, and corrects students’ clinical assignments.
- Assigns patients to student’s care based on the clinical outcomes of that particular session.
- Evaluate each assigned nursing student’s achievement and progress.
- Plan and provide clinical experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the Nursing Education Program.
- Maintain high standards and promote excellence in education.
- Serve as a role model for students in professional interaction with other health works and with clinical facilities.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work, in meeting classes, and in keeping office hours.
- Become familiar with institutional policies and procedures as outlined in the College Catalog, the Faculty Handbook, the Nursing Faculty Handbook, and the Clinical Instructor Handbook.
- Perform any other professional duties as assigned by the Nursing Program Director.
While the Adjunct Nursing Lab and Clinical Faculty is responsible for fulfilling all primary responsibilities listed above to achieve the immediate goals of the campus, he/she is responsible to meet all organization goals. As such, adjustments or additions to these responsibilities and the methods by which they are achieved may be required by management to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency across departments, campuses, and the organization as a whole.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com.