We can call him iRyan…Meet Ryan Langley, your Lead Course Developer and Instructor for West Virginia Junior College Online.
Ryan loves working with the great staff at WVJC Online. He has a strong passion for developing and building the online courses and he loves what he does.
“Online offers flexibility for our students, and our staff,” explained Ryan. “I love being able to work from home if I need to. It helps that I can listen to music while I work.”
“We all have issues such as work, daycare, transportation, etc. WVJC Online offers degrees that allow students to still obtain an Associate Degree while balancing those other parts of their lives,” he said.
Ryan knows that online courses can be challenging, so he offers this advice to students studying online:
“Just because the classes are online, it doesn’t mean they are easy. We take pride in building classes that are challenging yet attainable so that the students in our programs receive the highest quality education we can provide. If I had to give any advice, it would be to manage your time wisely. Work on assignments in small increments throughout the week so that when the deadline arrives, you aren’t pulling your hair out trying to complete them.”
Here are a few fun facts about Mr. Ryan Langley:
- His favorite activity is spending time with his 10 month old daughter, Caydence. He says he’s heard the Elmo Song over 3 million times…and counting.
- He plays 5 different instruments fluently including guitar, bass, drums, ukulele and harmonica and he has been an avid musician for almost 20 years. He loves going to concerts and has seen over 100 in his lifetime – he even drove 5 hours across state to watch his favorite band, Streetlight Manifesto, before they called it quits.
- Ryan loves playing video games, especially ones for the original Nintendo. Super Mario Bros. 3 is his personal favorite, but he also loves Madden and Grand Theft Auto for PS3.
- Pittsburgh sports are his favorite, especially the Penguins and the Pirates. He has a love for hockey that goes back to his childhood and used to play street hockey regularly until he had his front teeth knocked out by a shot.
- Ryan loves to do anything creative and outside the box. Whether it’s drawing, painting, photography, poetry or writing music, he’s a creative soul!
West Virginia Junior College Online offers Associate Degree Programs in Medical Assisting, Medical Office Management and Business Management that can be completed in as little as 18 months. With the flexibility of Online Learning, you can change your future! Visit us today at www.wvjc.edu/online for more information.