Our online Medical Office Administration program allows you to launch a career focusing on the business side of the healthcare industry. If you’re looking to enter the medical field in Pennsylvania, WVJC Online’s coursework will help you succeed.
This online program lets you earn your associate degree in your own time, with support when you need it. Our online Medical Office Administration program offered in PA will also help prepare you for certification exams, and our externship requirement allows you to gain real-world experience.
If you live in the Aliquippa, New Castle, or Waynesburg area and are looking for a medical office administration degree program, keep reading because WVJC Online should be your first choice!
Learn About Our Medical Office Administration Program That’s Offered in Pennsylvania
With training in tasks ranging from basic coding and software to billing and medical records, our medical office administration program strives to provide you with the tools you need to have a successful career.
Our program is ideal for students living in Greensburg, Uniontown, Johnstown and the surrounding areas, so don’t delay. Reach out to WVJC Online!
Some of the benefits of obtaining your online medical office administration degree through WVJC Online include:
- 24/7 technical assistance and support
- Becoming career ready in months
- Small online courses
- On-the-job training with externships
- Available career services
- Preparation for certification exams
- Mobile access
What Duties Do Those With a Medical Office Administration Degree Perform?
Medical office administration professionals are an essential resource for healthcare facilities. In a broad sense, these medical professionals are tasked with ensuring the healthcare facility they are employed at operate efficiently and smoothly.
The large amount of data that a medical facility takes in daily is compiled, filed and organized by dedicated medical office administration personnel, which allows physicians and nurses to focus on the needs of their patients.
When you receive your online medical office administration degree offered in PA from WVJC Online, you will learn and develop the fundamentals of:
- Maintaining electronic health records
- Working with medical records
- Transcribing physician information
- Guarding the privacy of patients
- Conducting basic coding
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Overseeing billing
- Comprehending healthcare terminology
- Utilizing computers and software for administrative tasks
Additionally, by acquiring medical office administration online training offered in PA, you could choose from a number of potential career opportunities within the healthcare field, such as:
- Managing a physician’s office
- Working in a hospital at the admissions desk
- Working with insurance companies
- Being a physician’s secretary
- Being an administrative assistant in a variety of healthcare offices
As you can see, attaining a medical office administration degree can be greatly beneficial to your future career.
Medical Office Administration Online Training Offered in PA
At WVJC Online, we’re proud to have gained over 90 years of experience training dedicated students to prepare them for future careers. By making it our mission to work with aspiring medical professionals from Pittsburg, Washington, New Castle, Aliquippa and beyond, we know we’re doing our part in boosting the Pennsylvania healthcare field.
Some things to remember about our medical office administration program offered in Pennsylvania:
- Our program supplies students with both flexibility and convenience by letting them finish their classwork in their own time, on their own schedule. This allows our students to work while attending school, which is not something always feasible with campus-based programs.
- Additionally, we provide numerous student services for our medical office administration online program, including 24-hour tech support and a system of contact to keep students aware of due dates and their progress within the program.
- Our medical office administration degree program also helps students to be career ready faster, helping them to acquire an associate degree in as little as eighteen months.
- And our program separates itself from many medical office administration colleges in PA by including an externship as a standard part of our training, letting our students acquire real-world experience and making them more competitive in the job market.
Additionally, our medical office management training is engineered to help facilitate your career goals, which is why we prepare you for future certification exams.
Some of the certifications you will be prepared for include:
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
Contact Us About Earning Your Medical Office Administration Degree
If you live in Pittsburgh, New Castle, Cranberry or Washington and are interested in learning more about healthcare administration, be sure to contact us today!