Are you looking for an Online Clinical Medical Assistant program offered in PA? You’re in luck. Our program is ideal for those who enjoy helping others and who want to acquire the skills needed to succeed in a worthwhile career.
With our online associate degree, you could hold a variety of positions within the healthcare industry, such as working in hospitals, doctors’ offices and clinics. In our program, you will learn skills essential to patient care, as well as acquiring the medical administration information needed for a well-rounded education.
Whether you live in Pittsburgh, Waynesburg, New Castle, or anywhere in Southwest Pennsylvania, our online medical assistant degree program can start you on the path to your future!
Take the First Step Toward Becoming a Clinical Medical Assistant in PA
Unlike some medical assistant programs in PA, we combine online classes with hands-on clinicals in our training facilities in order to give you experience with tasks such as drawing blood and checking blood pressure.
In our coursework, we strive to prepare you for your future career, which is why our clinical medical assistant program offered in Pennsylvania is designed to help prepare you for certification exams that will make you a more appealing job applicant.
Our program is ideal for those in the Johnstown, Aliquippa, and Washington regions looking to get ahead in the medical field. Apply and get started on your dream career today!
Features of Our Clinical Medical Assistant Degree Program
Our clinical medical assistant training offered in PA supplies students with a wealth of benefits for their professional lives. Some of these benefits include:
- Becoming career ready in months
- Skill development through online classes and hands-on clinicals
- Certification preparation
- 24/7 technical support for troubleshooting problems
- On-the-job training with externships
- Small online classes
- Career services available
- Mobile access
Career Options Following Your Clinical Medical Assistant Training
Those who become clinical medical assistants have a diverse range of options for employment. Health clinics, medical offices, and other assorted facilities within healthcare are all viable possibilities.
Clinical medical assistants are in charge of offering doctors needed support services, and additionally help to make sure the hospital, clinic, or healthcare office they work in runs efficiently.
By attending a clinical medical assistant program in PA and obtaining a degree, you could work as a/an:
- ECG technician
- Sterile processing assistant
- Medical assistant
- Lab assistant
- Clinical associate
- Unit clerk
Some of the fundamental functions you’ll learn in our online clinical medical assistant college include:
- Taking the vital signs of incoming patients, which can include their blood pressure, pulse, and body temperature
- Checking the vision of a patient
- Checking the blood-sugar level of a patient
- Performing EKGs
- Performing lab tests
- Sterilizing medical instruments to eradicate germs
- Assisting physicians with physical examinations
- Giving needed injections
- Becoming familiar with medical terminology
- Collecting medical specimens for analysis
- Understanding privacy issues concerning patients
- Assisting medical practitioners with minor surgeries
- Preparing necessary basic medications
Our medical assistant training online program offered in PA has been developed to prepare students for certification exams. Clinical medical assistant certifications you will be able to pursue following our program include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified EKG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Why Quality Medical Assistant Programs Are Important
Discovering a clinical medical assistant degree program offered in PA that’s right for you is essential to your future. Remember:
- You should look for a program that helps you develop needed skills for your professional life and also meets the needs of your daily schedule. Because of this, many Pennsylvania students seek out an online medical assistant program that lets them work toward their degree on their own schedule.
- Clinical medical assistant degree colleges offered online differentiate themselves by letting you complete coursework when your schedule permits, instead of making you come to a classroom regularly during the week.
- An additional advantage of attending an online clinical medical assistant program offered in PA is that you will be career ready in just months. At WVJC Online, you’re able to finish our program and acquire your Pennsylvania medical assistant degree in as little as 18 months.
With these benefits available through our online clinical medical assistant program, you can begin working in healthcare facilities like those in the Pittsburgh, New Castle and Johnstown region.
Learn More About Our Medical Assistant Online Program Offered in PA
WVJC has more than ninety years’ experience teaching generations of students, preparing them for worthwhile careers.
Contact us today because we’re ready to put our experience to work for you!