Earn Your Medical Office Administration Degree Online
In the healthcare industry, it’s important for facilities to be organized and efficient, especially larger entities like the Cleveland Clinic. The people in charge of keeping facilities like this running smoothly tend to be medical office administrators.
The department of medical office administration is responsible for compiling, filing and organizing the vast amount of data that medical facilities intake each day. By keeping everything operating properly, medical office administrators allow physicians to focus on what they do best – patient care.
Healthcare administrators often interact with a wide variety of people from all walks of life. Sound interesting? If so, then maybe earning a medical office administration degree is the right path for you.
With proper medical office management training, you could earn your degree and be career ready in months.
Why You Should Receive Medical Office Administration Training in Ohio
Earning a medical office management degree can create a number of career opportunities for those looking to work in the business side of the healthcare industry. You could:
- Manage a doctor’s office
- Work with insurance companies
- Work at the admissions desk of a hospital
- Work as a doctor’s secretary
- Work as an administrative assistant in any kind of medical office
As you can see, by receiving medical office management training and earning your degree, you can work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics and other healthcare facilities within Ohio.
For those living in the Cleveland, Akron, Canton and Youngstown areas, a medical office administration degree program can be the ideal next step toward your dream career. Home to healthcare facilities such as the Cleveland Clinic and Akron Children’s Hospital, the Cleveland area offers many potential career opportunities for those who earn their degree.
And, if you choose a medical office management online program like WVJC Online’s, you could earn your associate degree in just 18 months.
Medical Office Administration Online Training Offered in Ohio
At WVJC, we have more than 90 years’ experience preparing students for their dream careers. Our goal is to work with students throughout Ohio, from Cleveland to Youngstown to Akron and Canton, teaching them through our Medical Office Administration program.
Some key points to remember:
- Our medical office administration online program offers you both flexibility and convenience by allowing you to complete your coursework on your own time. This gives you the opportunity to work while you go to school, something that may be more difficult in traditional programs.
- We also offer a variety of student services in our medical office administration online program, such as 24/7 technical support and a contact system to remind you of due dates and stay updated on your progress throughout the program.
In our medical office management degree program offered in the Cleveland area, you will learn the fundamentals of:
- Performing basic coding
- Maintaining electronic health records
- Handling billing
- Scheduling appointments for patients
- Understanding medical terms
- Working with medical records
- Transcribing a doctor’s notes
- Protecting patient privacy
- Using computers and medical software for office tasks
We are also different from other medical office administration online programs offered in Ohio because an externship is included as part of the training in order to give you real life experience working and interacting with real patients.
Completing an externship and gaining the experience that goes along with it can help distinguish you from other applicants in the job search process.
Our medical office management training is designed to help you achieve your career goals, and one of the main ways we do this is by preparing you for certification exams.
Certifications are another way you can help set yourself apart from other job applicants. Some of the certifications we prepare you for in our medical office administration online program include:
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
Learn More About Earning Your Medical Office Administration Degree
If you live in Youngstown, Akron, Canton or Cleveland and are interested in healthcare administration, contact us today because we’re ready to help you succeed!