Become a Clinical Medical Assistant in Ohio with Our Medical Assistant Online School
Clinical medical assistants are needed and utilized in a wide variety of medical offices, clinics and other facilities throughout the healthcare industry. They are often in charge of providing physicians with support services, as well as helping to ensure the clinic, hospital or medical office runs smoothly.
With an associate clinical medical assisting degree, you can work as a:
- Medical assistant
- Lab assistant
- ECG technician
- Unit clerk
- Sterile processing assistant
- Clinical associate
While the job description can range from clerical and administrative to clinical with the occasional specialized task, these are all duties you will learn in clinical medical assistant degree programs.
The Importance of Quality Medical Assistant Programs
Finding the right clinical medical assistant degree program is an important part of the process to beginning your dream career. Some key points to remember:
- You need to find a program that not only teaches you the necessary skills for your future career, but also fits your schedule and lifestyle. This is why many Ohio students look for online medical assistant programs that will allow them to earn their degree in their own time.
- Clinical medical assistant online programs are different in that they allow you to complete your coursework when you have time, rather than keeping you in a classroom for set hours throughout the week.
- Another benefit of online clinical medical assistant programs is that you can earn your degree and become career ready in months. For example, at WVJC Online, you can complete the program and earn your Ohio medical assistant degree in just 18 months.
Our clinical medical assistant online program allows you obtain your associate clinical medical assistant degree in your own time, so you can start working in medical facilities like those in the Cleveland, Akron and Northeast Ohio region.
Why Choose Our Medical Assistant Online Program Offered in Ohio
If you live in or around Cleveland, Akron, Canton, or Youngstown, Ohio, and you are interested in working in the healthcare industry, then WVJC Online’s Clinical Medical Assistant program may be right for you.
In addition to being both convenient and flexible, our clinical medical assistant online program offered in Ohio is designed to give you the tools you need to jump-start your career.
Our curriculum is different from other clinical medical assistant programs offered in Ohio because we offer hands-on clinical training to complement our online classes. We have several facilities where you receive instruction on how to accomplish tasks like drawing blood, checking a patient’s blood pressure, and so much more.
This clinical training allows you to become familiar with the techniques and the equipment you will be using in the workplace, while still allowing you to complete coursework online.
Other essential functions you will learn in our online clinical medical assistant school include how to:
- Take a patient’s vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient’s vision
- Collect medical specimens
- Check a patient’s blood-sugar level
- Perform lab tests
- Sterilize medical equipment to kill germs
- Assist with minor surgeries
- Give injections
- Perform EKGs
- Prepare basic medications
- Understand medical terms
- Understand patient privacy issues
At WVJC Online, we strive to provide students in Cleveland with a well-rounded education, which is why our clinical medical assistant training also includes medical administration topics such as:
- Medical office management
- Medical insurance processing
- Electronic health records
- Medical transcription
- Computer and software usage
We are also different from other clinical medical assistant programs because we offer 24/7 technical support to all of our students. Whether you live in Youngstown, Akron, Cleveland or Canton, we are there to help you when you need it.
Cleveland Medical Assistant Training and Much More
Our clinical medical assistant program offered in Cleveland, Ohio strives to give you the marketable skills and training needed for you to meet your career goals. This means we take your education beyond just the classwork and clinical training.
In order to give our students even more hands-on, on-the-job training, we also have our students complete an externship as part of the program. This gives you the opportunity to work with real patients at places in Cleveland and other medical facilities throughout Youngstown, Akron and Canton.
Our clinical medical assistant online program offered in Ohio also helps you prepare for healthcare certification exams.
Although they aren’t required, clinical medical assistant certifications can help distinguish you from other applicants in the competitive job market.
Our medical assistant training online program offered in Ohio is designed to prepare you for certification exams. Some of the clinical medical assistant certifications you can choose to obtain include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified EKG/ECG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
The curriculum of our medical assistant program offered in Cleveland, Ohio not only helps prepare you for medical assistant certification exams, but our program also meets the standards of the American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA), making our graduates eligible to become registered medical assistants.
Learn More About Our Medical Assistant Online Program Offered in Ohio
WVJC Online has more than 90 years’ experience training and teaching the next generation of clinical medical assistants for their future careers.
If you want to become an integral part of the healthcare industry in Akron, Canton, Cleveland or Youngstown, then take the first step toward your dream career.
Contact us today because we’re ready to give you the education you’re looking for!